Hi friends!!! Today we will speak on an interesting topic of how to boost your baby’s intellect.
· · "There is a correlation between the number of words a child hears as a baby and his verbal IQ," says Lise Eliot, Ph.D., author of What's Going On in There? How the Brain and Mind Develop in the First Five Years of Life. The more you talk to him, the richer a vocabulary he'll develop. Keep your subjects simple, because he thinks in concrete terms. Like don’t talk of abstract things but visible things like toy, towel, blanket, etc.
· · Reading stories together helps you forge an emotional bond with your child and helps her learn too. "Your baby begins to grasp the basics of literacy from your reading sessions -- that there are letters and words on the pages and that you read from left to right," says Linda Acredolo, Ph.D., a professor of psychology at the University of California, Davis. And the pictures will allow your child to see things she otherwise might not be able to visualize. I would advise to get picture alphabet books and read them during the day time. Keep separate fairy tale story books for naptime.
· Use sign language to communicate with your baby before he ever speaks. You'll be lending his intelligence a helping hand too: "Scientific data show that sign language has a positive effect on IQ and language development," Dr. Acredolo says. According to a study conducted at the University of California, Davis, babies who learned about 20 signs talked earlier and had higher IQs than those who didn't.
· Kids who were breastfed as babies outperform their formula-fed peers on mental-development tests, Dr. Eliot says. And the longer babies breastfeed during the first year, the higher their IQ tends to be. Still, if you choose formula, don't fret. Studies have found that the ultimate IQ difference is just a few points, on average.
· There is a philosophy that kids need entertainment around the clock, but they need some downtime to amuse themselves, play with toys, or crawl.
Its really an exhaustive job to be a constant 24 hour mother round the clock. But the more, you entertain and innovate in educating your baby, the more beneficial will your child be in the long run.
You can google and get good educational activity books, blocks or toys for your baby on internet sites like firstcry.com, snapdeal.com, amazon.in, fisher-price.com, littleones.com and many others.
Enjoy parenting and have a great time!!!!