Hi friends! It’s been a long time since I spoke to you. Hope you are all doing well. Today we will talk of an important topic on Fussy eating toddlers.
Parents generally get upset if their children refuse to eat or do dramas during meal time. Remember your kids are smart enough to not starve themselves at least. It’s difficult to maintain your cool but remember the more calm ad patient you will be, the better it will be for you and your kid.
Let’s jot down few important strategies that can help you deal with fussy eaters.
· First try to understand why your child is refusing food is. Is he ill or upset over something?? Talking and communicating with him will relax him and he might reveal the problem.
· Being a fussy eater is quite normal. But as a parent you should keep giving small meals at regular intervals. Try making food colorful and delightful.
· Don’t delay introducing coarse lumpy foods. Your child will refuse to eat solids and it will take a lot of efforts to put him back on track.
· Don’t bribe your child with chocolates, sweets. It will create a wrong impression.
· Always let your child have meal along with entire family. Seeing elders and parents eat will give enough encouragement to have his meal.
· Always promote healthy food. You can ask your child’s friends to come over for a meal. A nice lovely surprise. May be along with friends, your kid will try to eat some morsel or the other.
· Encourage self feeding.
· Keep a watch on how much food your child is eating. If you are concerned, visit a pediatrician and talk to him.
· Try to use cookie cutters of various shapes to make food interesting and lovely.
Enjoy parenting and have a great time!!!!