Hi friends? How have you been? Hope you are all doing fine. Today we will talk of an essential topic on how to get rid of potty withholding problems in toddlers.
- Toddlers have razor sharp memory and if they have gone through a terrible painful potty time, its difficult for them to forget it. So they tend to dread the pain again, and avoid to pass stools and withhold it till the time its possible.
- The toddler age group is also very creative and loves to play around. They tend to ignore nature calls and sometimes hold their poop so that they get more time to play.
- How to get rid of this problem? You have to work hard with your child to achieve it.
- Remember its not that easy to get mood swinging sensitive toddlers back to the regular potty routine. Its best to offer small portions of veggies and fruits, high fibre rich food through the day.
- Encourage your children to have lots of water and fluids.
- Build up stories of their favourite cartoons like Winnie the Pooh, Panda or Cinderalla using potty pots to relieve themselves. There is also nice youtube videos thats cute and adorable for toddlers to see. Potty song- Panda version is lovely. Here is the link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoAMgjAmCdw
- The following link on using the potty chair is also interesting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9bqMaj2rAs
- Try different stories and poems to get the toddlers attention back to doing potty.
- Consult peadetrician if you feel, your child is constipated.
- Avoid fat rich foods for two weeks atleast. And try giving a lot of clear soups and juices.
- The moment, your child experiences soft bowel movements, within no time he/she will get back to normal potty sessions.
- Patience is the key, rest all will fall in place.
So keep working patiently towards your target. Enjoy parenting and have a great time!!!