Hi friends. Sorry guys I couldnt write to you last week. I promise to keep updating blogs regularly. Today we will talk about interesting ways in which we can make kids play and learn in quick ways. I get very perturbed to see parents sending pre primary students to tuitionsand classes at such a young age. There is no such urgent need to send kids to classes. Whatever they learn at home with their parents is the best. Remember parents can lay the foundation much better with their kids than no one else. So please avoid the herd mentality and stop pressuring your kids too much.
Lets jott down important points
- Please restrict watching TV shows to the bare minimum for kids. The more they watch, the more they get distracted when they sit to study.
- Teach concept of alphabets, numbers with clay, dough. Kids love to explore.
- Try renting out blocks of alphabets, numbers from toy library and make children feel how abcs, and 123s look in real.
- Improve visualisation of kids, by making them draw pictures and allowing them to colour.
- Dont force them to sit and study. I teach my daughter poems when she is bathing, or getting dressed for school. Even rickshaw time is utilised well when I take up her poem lessons.
- Try to allow them to feel different types of paper, shapes, blocks, puzzles so that their motor skills improve.
- No point of pressurising kids so much. They will learn with time.
- Writing gets a bit difficult with small tiny toddlers. But with regular habit and enough of patience kids master it well.
- Teach concept of vegetables, fruits and stuff by making them feel it in reality. Allow them to come along with you while going to market or supermarket mall.
- Every moment you can educate your child.
Enjoy parenting and have a great time!!!!!